As part of its ongoing public awareness programme the PMA Office has recognized the need for signage to be erected to demark entrance into and exit from of the PMA. The PMA office has therefore commenced a competition open to all members of the Saint Lucian public to design two (2) billboard size signs to be placed at the PMA entry and exit points.
Below are the guidelines for the competition.
- Signs should include
- the words “Welcome to and Thank You for Visiting the Pitons Management Area, UNESCO World Heritage Site”
- the PMA Logo and World Heritage Logo which can be accessed via this URL (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hfNgSuCikfJpaoq719cR78R64bKrrq_B?usp=sharing)
- Size and Layout:
- Billboard size would be 5 feet high and 12 feet wide.
- Billboard should be submitted as JPEG, PDF, PSD, MS Publisher file formats.
- Billboard Artwork:
- The best design for a billboard is bright, bold, colourful, yet simple.
- Keep in mind that drivers can only read and understand about six words as they drive by a billboard. Artwork will also be judged for readability at ten feet, originality, colour richness, and neatness.
- Billboard design must be the original design of the competitor.
- Group collaborations are allowed.
- Judging Criteria:
- Clear message conveyed by the text and artwork;
- Guidelines listed above addressed;
- Creativity, originality and artistic quality;
- Visual clarity, easily read at ten feet;
- Use of colours;
- Each submission must be accompanied by a completed entry form which competitors can access online on the PMA Website (pma.govt.lc) or this URL (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hfNgSuCikfJpaoq719cR78R64bKrrq_B?usp=sharing) .
- All entries must be submitted by 12:00pm on the 7, June 2019.
- Competitors can submit entries via:
- In person; by visiting the PMA Office with their entry on a storage device (thumb drive/external hard drive) where it will be extracted by a PMA Office staff member.
- Once submitted, Entries become the property of the PMA Office, Department of Sustainable Development.
- The winner will be announced on June 14, 2019
- The winner will have their picture taken for press release purposes.
- The winner will receive a PRIZE
Please feel free to contact the PMA Office for any queries
Corner of Sir Danley Alexander & Lower Victoria Street, Soufriere, Saint Lucia
Telephone No. (758) 457-1636